Italian Travel and Random Thoughts

Italian Travel and Random Thoughts
Ciao!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I love Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy. It is rich with history, culture, and the most amazing wine and food.  I have managed to spend the month of July for the last four years soaking in the Italian lifestyle. It is like New York City but in two feet of water. There is as much to see as in Manhattan yet the pace is much slower and leisurely. It's as if the people of Florence want you to slow down and enjoy life. So I do.
When I am home I jump in my car to go three blocks to run an errand. In Florence, I walk three miles just to walk and take in the sites. The rise and fall of foreign voices chatting or arguing in Italian is musical. Their passion for live overflowing in their morning cappacino conversation. I am drawn to this culture like a high powered magnet. I must return. I must. I have no idea why I have such a strong yearning to be there. The customs? The people? The food?
I have been on every tour there is. The David, the Arno river cruise, cooking classes, concerts, the Pitti Palace, the Boboli Gardens, and the annual trip to the leather market. I breath the leather in like it's a perfume.  Michel Angelo's David is not to be missed. You can wait on line the day you want to go for hours on end, or you can go to the ticket office that is hiding across the street and by tickets there for a specific time. Everytime I go back  to Florence I try to figure out this attraction. So far I have nothing. So I think I have to go back and give it another try.


No comments: